11.5 tons of biochar was delivered to the Sonoma Biochar Initiative this cold, December morning. The char is being stored in Sonoma courtesy of Sonoma Materials, whose generosity in giving us the storage space we want to publicly thank, and whose talented forklift operators unloaded the truck in what must have been less than 15 minutes (great job, Tony and assistant!). This biochar, made from wood waste and walnut shells, was made available through Sonoma Compost Company and we also want to thank them for arranging this delivery. Destined for use in vineyard and farm field trials all of this char is spoken for but we are hoping this will just be the first of many such deliveries moving into the future. Here are a few photographs I took to record the event.
- Biochar Presentation to Sonoma County Vineyard Technical Group August 23, 2022
- SEC/SBI to Collaborate on 3 Cal Fire Grants June 15, 2022
- We Offer Ring of Fire Kiln and Conservation Burn Training February 16, 2022
- Biomass to Biochar: Maximizing the Carbon Value February 5, 2022
- Final SEC Department of Water Resources Oasis Vineyard Field Trial Report February 5, 2022